Happy 4th of July!! Today also marks 9 weeks since Sim left. A milestone of sorts in that this is officially the longest we have ever been apart from each other. Not really a milestone that I was hoping to achieve but this is the way the Lord has directed our lives so...here we are!
I spent July 4th keeping busy with some good friends and some of the Coast Guard families from Sim's unit. I went on a brunch boat cruise with my friend Sabrina out into Galveston Bay and then spent the evening BBQing and watching fireworks at a fellow Coastie family's house. I also lit off my very first Roman Candle! I grew up terrified of those things... I mean who in their right mind would actually want to hold a firework as it is going off? Oh my goodness! It was the biggest rush!
The pictures below are from the brunch cruise and of my friend Ashton and her daughter with sparklers.
June just flew by! Which I have to admit I am happy about! I was able to escape home to VA for what I think was the shortest weekend ever but it was SO worth it. I was able to see my beautiful niece Alexandra for the very first time! It was so nice to see family and spend the weekend in scenic Virginia. I think Sim and I have it mixed up coming home every year for Christmas. Virginia is MUCH more beautiful and welcoming in the summertime!! Below are photos from the baptism and the Orioles vs. Met's game in Camden Yards (Alexandra's FIRST baseball game and Met's game!)
We took the opportunity to explore the State Capital building which I had seen from the outside before but never been inside. WOW! Everything truly is bigger in Texas. This building is not only huge but it is built up on a large hill with a maze of offices and hallways underground. I walked the halls observing the names and faces of every Texas Governor since James Pinckney Henerson took office in 1846. What a beautiful historic building!
In the midst of all of this traveling I have been swamped with my summer school. Whoever thought that taking two classes in the nine-week semester was a good idea is crazy! (Oh wait...that was me!) Seriously though I am trying very hard to stay focused on the fact that in 5 more weeks I'll have 6 more credit hours under my belt and only ONE MORE CLASS until I graduate!!













No comments:
Post a Comment