Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Mardi Gras 2010


Well Mardi Gras has come and passed but I have been meaning to post some pictures from our fabulous evening so I'm going to do that....even if I am a month late!


We were invited through my work to attend the San Luis Salute Mardi Gras Ball in Galveston again this year. It's a truly spectacular event put on to help raise money for The University of Texas Medical Branch and each year they designate a special department that will be the recipient of the donated funds. This year money was raised to support the hospital and surgical tower, which is still recovering from Hurricane Ike. The event is hosted by one of the Houston area's largest philanthropists, Tillman Fertitta. In addition to being a huge supporter of various charities and community activities, Mr. Fertitta is also the owner of the Landry's chain of restaurants which includes The Chart House, Joe's Crab Shack, and Charley's Crab among others. So of course the food was wonderful!! He also brought in performers from the resort he owns in Las Vegas, so while we dined we had Cirque style dancers spinning from ribbons and ropes suspended from the roof! It was a wonderful way to support UTMB and celebrate Mardi Gras...Galveston style!


More photos below:


This is Tom Koch the Channel 7 morning newsman. I was SO excited to meet him!




1 comment:

Flo said...

Too awesome! You both look great, and your dress was gorgeous!