Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Mardi Gras Beach Run



Sim and I ran our very first 5k race this past Saturday. Although Sim has been running alot with work over the past few months, I have definitely been slacking in the running department. So once we signed up I felt the pressure and hit the treadmill. The race was held here in Galveston as a kickoff event for Mardi Gras. When we woke up on Saturday morning it was in the 40's here with a bitter cold wind. I seriously doubted my decision to get out of bed and head outside but we were determined to do this race since we had already paid registration. Once we got out there and saw the great assortment of people: young and old, fit and not-so-fit; I got excited. Sim ran the 3.3 miles in about 27 minutes and I got in right at 31 minutes. Not great but not too shabby...


We both had such a great time though-I'm already signing us up for our next race!!

No comments: